Unroll your rainbow flags! On the weekend of July 22-24, the Pride month ends with a spectacular demo through the capital and lots of parties for more visibility, love and tolerance. You can find an overview of when and where the big demo starts, which clubs will open their doors and which CSD 2022 events are happening right here.
What’s the program for Christopher Street Day 2022 in Berlin?
Unfortunately, the full program hasn’t been released, and the pandemic will once again determine what form the demonstration will take this year. Certain rules will probably also be necessary this year to protect the participants. However, the organizers are doing everything they can to set up the largest possible demo.
Those who are worried about crowds or are unable to attend physically can follow everything via live-stream, but if you want to show your support, you can join in anywhere along the parade route.
The CSD forum have asked large groups as well as floats to register here with the demo management.
The final route has been confirmed and you can find it here.
The opening ceremony will kick off at 11:30 and the march will begin at 12:00. If you can’t wait to get your pride on before then, check out the full Pride Month program here.
The theme: United in LOVE! Gegen Hass, Krieg und Diskriminierung.
The Berliner CSD e.V. determines the theme and hears concerns via the publicly accessible CSD forum and in grassroots democratic votes with the community. This process enables everyone to actively participate in shaping the CSD.
This year the CSD forum has opted for: United in LOVE! Gegen Hass, Krieg und Diskriminierung (against hate, war and discrimination). From the beginning they wanted to include aspects of spirituality and religion as well as acknowledge the large non-German-speaking community of LGBTQIA+ people in Berlin, hence the bilingual title.
N.B CSD e.V is very clear on their website that anyone who wants to participate and show support is welcome to take part.
CSD parties are infamous, and for good reason darling. If you want to see a full list of the official parties, you can find it here. We are particularly excited for ‘Daddy Issues’, but please don’t ask why.
Girls Town – CSD Warm Up
Set up like a festival, there will be many small areas with pop, hip-hop and R’n’B at this pre-party to the CSD. In addition, the quarter-finals of the women’s European Championship game will be broadcast live for all football fans.
- Sage Beach Köpenicker Str. 18-20, Kreuzberg, Fri 22.07., from 5 p.m., presale €12, box office €15, tickets
The Glam Kiki of Solar
The dance style ‘Voguing’ developed primarily in the 1970s in Harlem, New York City and has its origins in the Black and Latin LGBTIQ community. The so-called ballroom scene is still a place where BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) come together to celebrate and compete. You can attend the Voguing Ball of the “Kiki House of Solar” in the Metropol as a participant (admission 15:30) or spectator (admission 16:30). The queer Afrobeat afterparty will take place at Haubentaucher.
- Metropol Berlin Nollendorfplatz 5, Schöneberg, Fri 22.7., admission from 16:30, admission for spectators €20, participants €8, website
- Haubentaucher Berlin Revaler Str. 99, Friedrichshain, Fri July 22, from 23:00, presale €15, box office €18, website
Multi-religious service for CSD
With clergymen from Judaism, Islam and Christianity and managed by Bertold Höcker, this has to be one of the most unique religious services in the world. Gero Dimter (Vice President of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation) will deliver the main service,but there are also international guests: Pastor Kazimierz Strzelec from Lublin, Poland; UCC Reverends Micah Bucey, Ann Kansfield, Jennifer Aull and Vanessa M. Brown from New York, activists from Accra/Ghana and many other guests, including Berlin’s current mayor Franziska Giffey and Senator for Culture Klaus Lederer.
- St. Marienkirche Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 8, Mitte, Sat 22.7., from 18:00, free of charge, donations are welcome
Dyke* March Berlin
The demonstration of lesbians and friends* of various identities and age groups has traditionally always taken place on the eve of the CSD demo (or at least since 2013)and is not intended as an alternative to the big parade, but as a supplement – true to the motto: The more lesbian visibility, the better! The after-party is at Else.
- Start: Platz der Luftbrücke, Tempelhof, Fri 22 July, 18:00
- Club Else An den Treptowers 10, Treptow, Fri 22 July, from 16:00, €15
Boylesque Drag Festival
On Friday evening, under the creative direction of travesty legend Sheila Wolf, artists, drag queens and “Boylesque” dancers perform in variety shows in the winter garden, on Saturday in the Bar Jeder Vernunft.
- Wintergarten Varietè Potsdamer Str. 96, Mitte, Fri July 22, 23:00, from €42, boylesque-festival.de
- Bare all reason Schaperstr. 24, Wilmersdorf, Fri, July 23, 23:30, from €32
Revolver Party – Official Berlin Pride Opening
The first of three CSD parties in the Revolver series – and thus the official Pride Opening – starts on all five floors of the Kitkat, with Maringo, Zusan, Marcel db and Kitty Vader, among others.
- Kitkat Club Köpenicker Str. 76, Mitte, Fri July 22, 23:00, sold out as of writing, try your luck on facebook/ebay kleinanzeigen, or show up and beg.
Daddy Issues – Official Pride Berlin Warm Up Party
All inclusive queer party with Borja Peña, Shimmy G, Thommy Hart, Strify, Konsi and Fixie Fate.
- SchwuZ Rollbergstr. 26, Neukölln, Fri, July 22, 21:00, admission €15, website
The “Official Lesbian Pride” party on two floors with Malonda, Lia Blue, DJs Käry, Trust.The.Girl, Kitty Smith, GinaG, leisure collective Butch Barflys hosting the Elephant Room and many more.
- Metropol Berlin Nollendorfplatz 5, Schöneberg, Sat July 23, from 9 p.m., €16, website
House of Pride
The official main party of CSD Berlin 2022 in Ritter Butzke on seven indoor and outdoor floors, with a DJ set by Hot Chip, DJ Lady Bunny, Queens against Borders and many more.
- Ritter Butzke Ritterstr. 24–27, Kreuzberg, Sat 23.7., 22:00, from €30, website
The second event in the CSD Revolver party series will take place at Spindler & Klatt’s premises, with Chris Bekker, Rony Golding and Ben Mason, among others.
- Spindler & Klatt Köpenicker Str. 16–17, Kreuzberg, Sat 23 July, 23:00, from €35, tickets
Leck my Button CSD Extravaganza
In the old building of the port power plant, where the techno club CLUB OST opened in 2017, the joint CSD celebration of the party series Lecken and Buttons takes place – with Akirahawks, Ball&Chain, Carmen 16, Jacob Meehan, Killa and many more.
- Club Ost Alt-Stralau 1, Friedrichshain, Sat 23.7., 23:00, €20
UNITED IN HOUSE – CSD Closing – FLINTA Open Air
The About Blank: A techno club in the Friedrichshain district of Berlin Photo: Wikimedia/CC BY-SA 4.0/CharlieMcFadden86
The Box and Faemm are two collectives that invite you to the CSD closing party at About Blank. FLINTA DJS like Dana Ruh, Fraupfau and Laura de Vasconselos will play in the garden and later in the lobby.
- ://about blank Marktgrafendamm 24c, Friedrichshain, Sat 23.7., 15:00, website
34hrs OF BODIES (CSD)
Since 2021 when they moved into the former Schnabel Castle, ÆDEN has sought to create a safe(r) space for everyone. This weekend you can enjoy the security of a keep and celebrate CSD for a full 34 hours. DJs include Amoral, Assemblage 90, Epikur, Mercury 200.
- ÆDEN, Schleusenufer 2, Kreuzberg, Sat 23.7., from 10 p.m., ticket price €17, website
Flush—CSD Pride Queer Rave
On two open-air floors and one indoor floor, the Suicide Circus celebrates CSD with several queer collectives such as Brenn (acid and deep house, mixed with 90ies sounds), Golosa (from house to acid and techno to hard trance) and Sweat (cross genre).
- Suicide Club, Revaler Str. 99, Friedrichshain, Sat 23.7., from 8 p.m., AK: 18€, tickets
Euphoria Official Pride Festival Main Party
Though Schöneberg is seen as the traditional heart of Berlin Queer culture, Prenzlauer Berg also knows how to throw a CSD party. The Kulturbrauerei opens its ‘boiler house’, its ‘machine house’ and the ‘palace’ for up to 2500 party people.
- Kulturbrauerei Berlin Schönhauser Alle 36, Prenzlauer Berg, Sat July 23, from 23:00, €15–26, tickets
CSD club night
The big CSD Klubnacht at Berghain will be celebrated under the motto “We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it! A full CSD program for the rest of Berghain too: Acts such as Avalon Emerson, Boris, Bottoms and Alinka, Cormac will perform in the Column, Panorama Bar, Garden and XXX Floor.
- Berghain Am Wriezener Bhf, Friedrichshain, Sat 23.7., from 23:59 p.m
Greats like Anja Schneider and Joyce Muniz play on the main floor of the Watergate, Ady Toledano, Dasco, Lupe and Mikey Woodbridge on the ‘water floor’.
- Watergate Falkensteinstr. 49, Kreuzberg, Sat 23.7., 11 p.m., website
Queerness and Islam
The Ibn Rushd Goethe Mosque offers a workshop dealing with Islam and queer issues. Role-playing games with realistic case studies from practice enable those interested to deal with their own life story.
- Ibn Rushd Goethe Mosque Ottostr. 16, Moabit, Sun 24.7., 2 p.m., website
HMD CSD OMG
Horse Meat Disco Berlin invites you to the day party at Prince Charles on CSD Sunday – with Luke Howard, Limpodisco, James Hillard and many more.
- Prince Charles Prinzenstr. 85F, Kreuzberg, Sun 24.7., 2 p.m., presale 19 €, tickets
CSD Closing – Revolver & B:East
The closing of Revolver’s CSD weekend series takes place during the day over the roofs of Berlin, where you can let the colorful weekend with Marcel DB and Kitty Vader wind down.
- Weekend Club Alexanderstr. 7, Mitte, Sun 24.7., 3 p.m., from €20, tickets
The official closing party of the CSD will later take place in the same location as the Revolver Closing Party, on two floors and on the roof, with pop, house and disco.
- Weekend Club Alexanderstr. 7, Mitte, Sun 24.7., from 10 p.m., from €15, tickets
If you are unsure where to book, or just don’t feel like supporting AirBnB, you can try the officially recommended ‘pink pillow‘ collective, who offer LGBTQIA+ friendly hotels for those who are visiting out of town. Or you could just try and meet someone instead!
There has been an outbreak of monkeypox world-wide, and Berlin’s most fabulous have been severely affected. The official Berlin CSD website has all the information you need here, but we’ve summarised it for you below.
- Monkeypox is a viral disease caused by the monkeypox virus. The virus is related to the classic smallpox viruses. It was previously rare in Europe, but lately, not so much. Human-to-human transmission occurs primarily in close contact, like CLOSE contact.
- Close contact includes but is not limited to, kissing, caressing or cuddling. So far, however, sexual contact seems to be the main way monkeypox is transmitted. It can also be transmitted through prolonged direct contact or through contaminated objects (e.g. clothing, bedding and sex toys).
- Going to the parade is safe. You aren’t going to catch it walking down the street.
- Only sleep with people whose health status you are certain about. Good advice generally, really good advice now.
- If you have symptoms, keep it in your pants until you see a doctor.
Wanna help out?
Applications to be a volunteer are still open, everything you need is here. They even accept snail mail.