EXB magazine is looking for an enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join the international team at our new Wedding HQ. In this role, you’ll be supporting the Editor-in-Chief in all aspects of the administration, commissioning, planning and producing of EXB’s various channels and publications, in print and online.
Applicants are young graduates with excellent organisation/time-management skills and a keen interest in publishing. Preference will be given to native German speakers with fluent English or vice versa.
Entry-level position, 30 hours minimum, staff-position, office presence required.
Editorial Assistant Responsibilities:
- assisting the editor with daily management, administrative and editorial tasks,
- liaising with staff members and freelancers to ensure smooth editorial workflow to tight deadlines
- keeping track of author deadlines and communicating with them to ensure that work is completed on time
- performing all required administrative duties relating to editorial staff
- contributing to develop new media partnerships and follow-up
- sourcing and recruiting new writers, managing HR queries
- organising and researching editorial and marketing projects
- editing/summarising/translating written material
- contributing personal ideas for upcoming publishing projects, issues, guides and newsletters
- writing your own material
Editorial Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field (journalism qualifications and/or experience a plus)
- work experience in a similar role
- English language skills (native speaker), excellent German skills (minimum C1) or vice versa
- in-depth knowledge of the publication process and best practices.
- a team player with exceptional communication skills.
- ability to prioritise, multitask and work under pressure.
- experience with social media and team’s communication/organisation tools (Google Sheets/Excel, Trello, Slack, etc)
- good knowledge of Germany, Berlin, Exberliner in print and digital
The company: Exberliner was founded by three journalists in 2002. It’s Germany’s largest English-language magazine. The Berlin-based independent monthly has grown into a family of print and digital publications including Exberliner.com, Exberliner Newsletters, Exberliner City Guides and our social media channels. The Exberliner brand stands for independent journalism and the free-thinking spirit of the city, with deep connections within the diverse international and cultural scenes of the German capital.