Wedding gets merry!
On the second and third Advent Sunday, Wintermarkt the only big Christmas market in Wedding brings you joy in front of the Schinkel Church with 80 booths and over 130 exhibitors.
- 5, 12, 19 Dec 12-20
- Leopoldplatz, Wedding, U-Bhf Leopoldplatz, visit their website here.
Christmas in the zoo!
A luminous highlight at Tierpark Berlin. It’s the most wonderful time of the year when the twinkling evening circular walk finally lights up Europe’s largest zoo again. This winter, the walk takes a different route with entirely new worlds of lights, which will surprise even our visitors from previous years. Artistic projections and millions of lights bathe the historic Friedrichsfelde Palace in a magnificent guise, creating a unique atmosphere of starry magic in East Berlin. Weihnachten im Tierpark offers unique photo opportunities, playful interaction, romantic settings and a tranquil Christmas atmosphere. After walking the path, you can warm up by the crackling fire, enjoy winter specialities and relax. Friends and families can experience a fairy-tale evening during Advent and be transported into a heavenly festive world by thousands of lights.
- 18 Nov-15 Jan 17-22, closed 21, 22, 28, 29 Nov, 24, 31 Dec
- Tierpark Berlin, Am Tierpark 125, Lichtenberg, S-Bhf Friedrichsfelde Ost, U-Bhf Tierpark, visit their website here.
Quirky Kreuzberg Christmas
Since 2009, Weihnachtsrodeo is the indoor Christmas market for unique and unconventional gift ideas in Berlin. On five floors, it brings together selected designers, artists, manufacturers and creative people a in a very special location to create a unique alternative to the classic Christmas market.
- 3-4, 10-11, 17-18 Dec 12-20
- Kühlhaus Berlin, Luckenwalder Str. 3, Kreuzberg, visit their website here.
As twilight falls, the magic begins
Once again, the botanical garden turns into an enchanted winter wonderland after nightfall, with hundreds of elusive light installations piercing through the dark and making the trees and plants change shape, accompanied by melodious soundscapes. This year Christmas Garden Berlin will be given a new, splendid holiday season garb, lighting up its spectacular circular walkway for the sixth time.
Since its opening in 2016, the Christmas Garden has become one of Berlin’s most popular destinations for Advent and Christmas. It’s a unique, fairy-tale landscape. Exclusive light designs and dreamlike soundscapes await you: discover a magical world with your family, friends and colleagues. A visit here is an experience that offers adults and children everything that makes a nature-based Christmas outing very special.
- 16 Nov-15 Jan 16:30-22, closed 21, 22, 28, 29 Nov, 24, 31 Dec
- Botanical Garden Berlin, Königin-Luise-Straße 6-8, Dahlem, S+U-Bhf Steglitz, U-Bhf Podbielskiallee, visit their website here.
A very Nordic Christmas
Lucia Weihnachtsmarkt sits snug in the middle of the Kulturbrauerei. Over 80 different stalls create warmth in the cobbled yard, serving all the Wurst und Glühwein, white and Icelandic mulled wine and Swedish Glögg you could wish for.
- Nov 21-Dec 22, Mon-Fri 15-22, Sat-Sun 13-22, free entrance
- Kulturbrauerei, Schönhauser Allee 36, Prenzlauer Berg, U-Bhf Eberswalder Str., visit their website here.