Exberliner is looking for a full-time trainee (Volontariat), starting in December for one year. Successful candidates will gain experience in all aspects of journalism, both print and online – researching, reporting, interviewing, writing and translating articles, participating in the print production process, writing for online and sharing articles on social media.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field (journalism qualifications and/or experience a plus)
- Native English speaker with excellent German skills (minimum C1)
- a team player with exceptional communication skills
- ability to prioritise, multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- experience with social media and team’s communication/organisation tools (Google docs/sheets, Trello, Slack, etc)
- basic knowledge of SEO
- experience with a CMS is of advantage
- be an active user of social media
- good knowledge of Berlin and Exberliner magazine, in print and digital
The position is paid at €1,150 per month. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
The company: Exberliner was founded by three journalists in 2002. It’s Germany’s largest English-language magazine. The Berlin-based independent monthly has grown into a family of print and digital publications including Exberliner.com, Exberliner Newsletters, Exberliner City Guides and our social media channels. The Exberliner brand stands for independent journalism and the free-thinking spirit of the city, with deep connections within the diverse international and cultural scenes of the German capital.