The opening: Freelance Stage Editor
Exberliner magazine (published by Iomauna Media GbmH) is looking for a Stage Editor.
Exberliner’s monthly stage section covers theatre, opera, dance and miscellaneous performance, from the big state-sponsored institutions to the independent “free scene”. The Stage Editor is in charge of curating, writing and assigning interviews, news, reviews and previews for their section for print and online. He or she will also have the opportunity to pitch editorial features (stage-related or otherwise).
The ideal applicant will have:
- experience as stage editor or cultural journalist and/or
- a degree in theatre, cultural journalism, or creative writing along with an in-depth knowledge of Berlin’s theatre scene: history, major venues and power players
- a track record of attending performances (plays, operas, dance) in Berlin
- great communication/interpersonal skills
- good time management and sense of responsibility
- no conflicts of interest
- ability to understand plays in German
- must be based in Berlin
The company: Exberliner was founded by three journalists in 2002. It’s Germany’s largest English-language magazine. The Berlin-based independent monthly has grown into a family of print and digital publications including Exberliner.com, Exberliner Newsletters, Exberliner City Guides and our social media channels. The Exberliner brand stands for independent journalism and the free-thinking spirit of the city, with deep connections within the diverse international and cultural scenes of the German capital.