September is always mad busy here in Berlin and this weekend is no exception. Whether you’re into burlesque, a huge Kipchoge fan, or an apple aficionado, our weekend guide has something for you (and much more besides).
HÖR 4 Year Anniversary Weekender
HÖR celebrates their four year anniversary with a packed weekender: A live concert at Silent Green on Thursday and a party at Zenner on Saturday. Big names on the set list include Spacer Woman, Raven and KETTAMA.
- Silent Green Kulturquartier, Gerichtstr. 35, Wedding, Sep 21, 19:00-23:00, details.
- Zenner, Alt-Treptow 15, Alt-Treptow, Sep 23, 00:00-12:00, details.
Circus Charivari presents “freaks from next door and neighbours from all around the world” at their sensational and absurd performance coming up this Thursday.
- Zirkuszelt, Alt Stralau 68, Friedrichshain, Sep 21-22, starts 19:00, details.
A pick from our film editor is Millenium Mambo (2001), a feature that went on to define the Taiwanese New Wave of cinema. A bar hostess with a suffocating boyfriend finds sparks flying between her and a local gangster. An iconic score and stunning cinematography await viewers of this cult classic as it returns to the big screen.
- Yorck Kinogruppe, various location, startining Sep 21, details.
Punk is a rich cultural phenomenon that encompasses values, politics, fashion and more. Organised by members of the international Punk Scholars Network, the first edition of this symposium takes an in-depth look at an enduring subculture.
- Club der Polnischen Versager, Ackerstr. 168, Mitte, details.
The Night Market
The Night Market is a hybrid design festival, fashion expo, vintage market, art exhibition, music festival, food market, and meeting point for the Berlin creative scene. Come and pick up your latest clubbing threads and accessories or just to listen to some great music.
- NÅPOLEON KOMPLEX, Modersohnstr. 35-45, Friedrichshain, Sep 22-23, 17:00-01:00, details.
Future Soundscapes Festival
Head to the beautiful Silent Green Kulturquartier for an audiovisual journey over two evenings this week, presenting artists at the intersection of music, media art and sound art. On Friday, you can look forward to a set by synthesist and composer Sofie Birch, which is sure to be a highlight.
- silent green Kulturquartier, Gerichtstr. 35, Wedding, Sep 22-23, doors at 19:00, details.
Vaudeville Variety Revue
The Vaudeville Variety Revue has been presenting the best international burlesque stars on the Berlin stage for nine years now. Join host Sheila Wolf for an unforgettable evening of cabaret, drag, comedy, burlesque and more.
- Wintergarten Varieté, Potsdamer Str. 96, Tiergarten, starts 23:00, details.
Ceramic Dick Sculpture Workshop
Turn the male gaze on its head and construct a ceramic dick of your very own with the artist Daniela Torres. See our in depth chat with her here.
- Studio no. 301, Paulstr. 34, Moabit, starts 16:00, details.
Wolf Kino Orland Discussion
Wolf Kino are hosting a discussion panel after the screening of Paul B. Preciado’s critically acclaimed film Orlando: My Political Biography. The film is a response to Virginia Woolf’s novel Orlando, which tells the story of a young man who evolves into a women. Author Michaela Dudley and trans* activist Jules* Elting will discuss the work’s enduring importance in queer culture.
- Wolf Kino, Weserstr. 59, Neukölln, 20:30-22:00, details.
Come and watch the world’s fastest runners zip through the streets of Berlin. Much of the city centre shuts down for the race and there’s live music on every corner and a bit of a festival atmosphere. See our full guide to the event here.
Naughty Summer Market
This one is a strictly 18+ event, where you’ll find live shows, interactive workshops, explicit artwork for your bedroom walls, and sex toys for sale. Come along to support local independent kinky entrepreneurs and artists.
- Kühlhaus Berlin, Luckenwalder Str. 3, Kreuzberg, 14:00-22:00, details.
For a more child friendly Sunday event you can head to Schloss Britz to celebrate all things apple. There’s a huge range of entertainment on offer for both adults and kids, including an archery range, axe throwing, juice pressing and much more.
- Schloss Britz, Alt-Britz 73, Neukölln, Sep 23-24, 10:00-16:00, details.
Want more insider tips? Sign up to our weekly newsletter and discover Berlin’s best bits.