Pedal boat rental & boat rental Mühl Tegeler See
It’s never boring at Lake Tegel. The second largest lake in Berlin boasts seven islands, which makes navigating a small boat feel quite adventurous. In addition to the classic romantic ‘swan’ pedal boat, there’s also a five-person boat suitable for families or groups. There are also rowing boats, kayaks and SUPs if you’re that way inclined. If there is a line, play some mini-golf.
- Pedal boat rental & boat rental Mühl Greenwichpromenade at the Tegeler Hafenbrücke, Tegel, Mon-Sun 12:00-18:00, 10-20€/hour, on Facebook
Boat Rental ‘Rent-a-Boat‘
This rental station is located in Treptower Park and offers pedal boats, rowing boats and kayaks. A tour towards the city centre takes you past Molecule Man and to the Oberbaum Bridge. In the other direction you go to Köpenick. The Zenner beer garden is also just a stone’s throw away, and definitely worth a visit.
- Boat rental Rent-a-boat at the Abteibrücke, Treptow, daily 10:00-18:00, 18€ for the first hour, then 10€ for each hour after, online
Boat rental at Plötzensee
Though somewhat hidden, you can rent pedal boats and rowing boats here, and enjoy a coffee in the café. The location – directly on the driveway in front of the highway access to the lido – may not sound idyllic, but you are spared the noise of the traffic. Married couple Monika and Wolfgang Düring have run the boathouse for 30 years and certainly have a few stories to tell.
- Boat rental Plötzensee Nordufer 23, Wedding, daily 10:00-21:00, last boat release at 19:00, Facebook
Newcomers to Berlin who have their parents visiting often end up on the Insel der Jugend. And to be fair it’s an excellent option. You can make yourself comfortable in the beer garden of the Kulturhaus Insel Berlin and enjoy watching the eager paddlers. There are one, two and three-person pedal boats if you feel like partaking yourself. One-person kayaks, stand-up paddling boards, two-person and three-person canoes are also available for hire. You can book your favourite vehicle via the website.
- Kanuliebe Berlin Alt-Treptow 6, Treptow, Mon-Sat from 12:00, Sun and public holidays from 11:00, 27-34€/2 hours, kanuliebe.com
Boat rental Spreepoint
The Spreepoint boat rental has two locations, one on the Müggelspree and the other on the Müggelsee at the Rübezahl holiday park. In addition to pedal boats, motor boats (with and without a license), barbecue boats, canoes, kayaks and rowing boats can be rented here. The pedal boats are only available at the Rübezahl location. With the vehicle of your choice you can discover the beautiful river and lake around the Müggelberge or sail under bridges in New Venice. Reservations can be made in advance online.
- Water Sports Center Müggelseedamm 70, Köpenick, daily from 9:00 to sunset Rübezahl Müggelheimer Damm 143, Köpenick, 10:00-20:00, 15€ per hour, www.spreepoint.de
Boat rental Köpenick
The Am Schloß Köpenick boat rental is located on the banks of the Dahme River, just a stone’s throw from the gorgeous baroque palace. From here you can either do laps around the castle island, walk towards the city centre along the Spree or explore the old town of Köpenick in the other direction on the Dahme. In addition, canoes and motor boats with and without a driver’s license are offered here. You can reserve all water companions online in advance.
- Boat rental Am Schloß Köpenick Grünauer Straße 17-21, Köpenick, daily 10:00-19:00, 15€ per hour, online
Water Sports Center Berlin
Banana lounges with a twist. Instead of being confined to the land, these brightly striped beach lounger seats are amphibious, giving you the option to explore Wannsee whilst still reclining. Two to four people fit on a boat. But if you are after a little more boating action, there are also rowing boats, SUPs and kayaks. You don’t want to rent a pedal boat at all? Don’t worry, the Wannsee lido is very close by.
- Water Sports Center Berlin Badeweg 7a, Wannsee, Mon-Fri 12:00-18:00, Sat+Sun 10:00-19:00, 15€ per hour, www.wassersportcenter-berlin.de