The opening: Writer/editor for Exberliner’s expat guide
Exberliner magazine (published by Iomauna Media GbmH) is looking for a writer/editor/blogger.
We’re seeking a writer/editor/blogger to work on our upcoming guide to Berlin expat affairs: everything from navigating the bureaucratic system, taxes and finding a flat, to learning German, healthcare and having a kid. Excellent writing skills, a good sense of humour, expert knowledge for newcomers to the city and German language skills are a must!
The ideal applicant will have:
- experience in cultural journalist and/or
- a degree in cultural journalism or creative writing along with an in-depth knowledge of Berlin
- a solid track record of navigating life in Berlin as an expat
- great communication/interpersonal skills
- good time management and sense of responsibility
- no conflicts of interest
- ability to understand and communicate in German
- must be based in Berlin
The company: Exberliner was founded by three journalists in 2002. It’s Germany’s largest English-language magazine. The Berlin-based independent monthly has grown into a family of print and digital publications including Exberliner.com, Exberliner Newsletters, Exberliner City Guides and our social media channels. The Exberliner brand stands for independent journalism and the free-thinking spirit of the city, with deep connections within the diverse international and cultural scenes of the German capital.