Ask Hans-Torsten: Health insurance and registration



Comments (1)

Comment Feed

changing from privat health insurance to satutory healt service

Dear Hans-Thorsten,

I am Canadian citizen living in Germany for the past 20 years. Due to a bad advice, I end up signing up with DKV (private health service). I lost my job at the age of 56, and could not change anymore to statutory health service.
I understood from a friend that if I work in European region for one year,( while being health insured in the respective country) then I can change to statutory health service upon returning back to Germany after a year.
Do you know how can I confirm the above scenario? or do you know of any easier option?


maryam more than 4 years ago

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter

* indicates required