Apocalyptic cinema: Our pick of the best movies this month
Settle in for a bleak (but brilliant) winter of movies in Berlin. Aftersun, White Noise and The […]
Sonne ★ ★ ★ ★
Winner of the GWFF Best First Feature award at Berlinale, Iraqi-Austrian director Kurdwin Ayub’s […]
Around the World in 14 Films: Globetrotting Kino
From Dec 1-10, Berlin's festival of festivals returns with a selection of circuit bests, taking us Around […]
One Year, One Night: Isaki Lacuesta on his innovative film of the Bataclan attack
One Year, One Night (Un año, una noche) is showing in a special EXBlicks preview on Nov […]
Animation maverick Masaaki Yuasa returns with a medieval rock opera. Riffing on the 14th-century […]
Meeting a serial killer: What’s behind the dark fascination with True Crime?
What’s behind our collective thirst for abomination? Tamara Khodova explores the dark, immersive world of true crime […]
- What's on at Berlin cinemas this week?
- Gastarbeiter music: The unsuspected sound of immigration
- Deep Throat at 50: "Everyone wanted to see what they weren't allowed to see"
- Exberliner presents: Love, Deutschmarks and Death
- "What happens when a person leaves or dies?" Charlotte Wells on her new movie, Aftersun