Every month, we take a look at some of the most exciting new bars, cafes and restaurants to have opened around Berlin. This time around, it looks like variety is the flavour of the month! We’ve got New York-style bagels, a seafood pop-up in an ice cream parlour, your favourite new fast food spot and more…
All about finding the sweet (and delicious) spot between food and culture, Fotografiska’s new restaurant, Verōnika, is serving up elegant European dishes with flair. Nestled up on the building’s fourth floor, this classy spot is a go-to for special occasion dinners and drinks.
- Verōnika, Fotografiska Museum Berlin, Oranienburger Str. 54/4OG, Mitte, details.
While on winter break, the popular ice cream parlour Fräulein Frost has transformed into Berlin’s hottest new spot for seafood. Ethically-sourced oysters from the Netherlands and Germany are served alongside champagne, mezcal and sake. If the simple but elegant menu hasn’t already won you over, Oyster Club is also quickly becoming well known for their evenings of live music and DJ sets.
- Oyster Club Berlin, at Fräulein Frost, Friedelstr. 38, Neukölln, details.
Feed the Pony at Le Renard
Feed the Pony is bringing their classy Scandinavian-inspired cooking to Café Le Renard in the heart of the Schillerkiez. Make sure you stop by this cosy little pop-up and devour menu favourites like clam and crayfish tartar, and Hokkaido pumpkin soup with sea buckthorn.
- Feed the Pony at Café La Renard, Schillerpromenade 37, Neukölln, details.
Making their bagels the old fashioned way and serving them up in their ultra trendy little cafe, Beste Bagel’s menu will please both bagel purists and the slightly more adventurous. Bear in mind: Beste is doing New York City-quality bagels at New York City prices), so expect to pay almost €8 for a salmon cream cheese bagel.
- Beste Bagel, Potsdamer Str. 68, Tiergarten, details.
Burgers, shakes, fries. ALL IN isn’t reinventing the basics of fast food, but they just might be doing them best. This new burger joint in the Kollwitzkiez is a must-try for when you’re craving the ultimate comfort food.
- ALL IN, Schönhauser Allee 173, Prenzlauer Berg, details.
- The best new Berlin restaurants of December
- The best new Berlin restaurants of October
- The best new Berlin restaurants of September
- The best new Berlin restaurants of August
- The best new Berlin restaurants of July
- The best new Berlin restaurants of June
- The best new Berlin restaurants of May
- The best new Berlin restaurants of April