Jenny Erpenbeck on Marx, shattered hopes and growing up in the DDR
The prize-winning German author Jenny Erpenbeck talks about Marx, growing up in the DDR, and shattered hopes.
Keston Sutherland on how (not) to translate Marx
English poet Keston Sutherland argues the ability of Marx to “speak in different voices” is often missed […]
Berlin’s post-war Jewish camps
After being freed from concentration camps, holocaust survivors spent years in Displaced Persons camps, including several in […]
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Berlin's quirkiest sights: Futuro house, Nazi relics, the 'Stand By Me' Tree and more
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- The best cakes in Berlin: Tarts, cheesecakes, pastries and pies
- From Agni to Zora: Berlin's tastiest Indian restaurants