A bridge too far: Die Brücke and colonialism
A new exhibition explores the modernist art movement's problematic relationship to Germany’s colonial past.
Commie Cakes: Berlin’s anti-capitalist confectionary
Commie Mommy’s true identity is a closely kept secret, but her anti-capitalist edible artworks are available for […]
James J. Conway on Rixdorf Editions and Wilhelmine Berlin
James J. Conway on his love for bohemian Berlin and his five-year old indie press, Rixdorf Editions.
The hottest tickets for this year’s Berlinale
Our film editor runs through the Berlinale films worth booking in 2022
Karl Marx returns to Berlin
Sabine Kritter, the curator of the "Karl Marx and Capitalism" exhibition at the DHM, spoke to us […]
How Germany’s favourite cult took over everything from schools to supermarkets
Waldorf schools have a hippy image, but are they in fact Germany's equivalent to Scientology?
- Lisbon calling: Why are Berliners moving to Portugal?
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Our music editor's guide to Fête de la Musique 2022
- Duc Ngo on food influencers, his favourite Berlin restaurants and getting bored of Mitte
- 48 hours (of eating in) Neukölln: A local guide to NK's best food