When Berlin was a centre of worldwide anti-colonial struggles
With the 12th Berlin Biennale is focusing on decolonial engagement, we remember Berlin's history of anti-colonial struggle.
Red Flag: Did the police really attack protestors over an FDJ flag?
On Sunday 2,000 people gathered in Friedrichshain for the LL-Demo, but it didn’t go smoothly. Nathaniel Flakin […]
Digging for communists
Excavating Lenin’s 3.5-tonne decapitated head from a Müggelheim forest kicked off Rick Minnich’s filmmaking career, and brought […]
Ampelmann: How a little communist man conquered the West
From Berlin's streets to souvenir shops, we find out how the quirky traffic light symbol of the […]
The Agnès Varda of Hungary: Márta Mészáros
At almost 90, she's got a brain still buzzing with daring film projects and strong opinions. We […]
Rosa, well remembered?
Every Berliner knows her name, but many are ignorant of who Rosa Luxemburg really was, and there […]
- Lisbon calling: Why are Berliners moving to Portugal?
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Our music editor's guide to Fête de la Musique 2022
- Duc Ngo on food influencers, his favourite Berlin restaurants and getting bored of Mitte
- 48 hours (of eating in) Neukölln: A local guide to NK's best food