Red Flag: Will Berlin’s new government sabotage the housing referendum?
One month ago, 59% of people in Berlin voted to expropriate Deutsche Wohnen and other big realty […]
Dirty linen on Adalbertstraße: An eviction backstory
As long-term resident Michel Le Voguer is evicted from his Kreuzberg home, we revisit our 2018 probe […]
Red Flag: What Deutsche Wohnen’s sale could mean for you
Berlin’s biggest landlord is set to be swallowed up by Vonovia, the biggest in Germany. As Nathaniel […]
Gentrification virus: Is it killing Berlin’s squat spirit?
REPORTAGE! House project Liebig34, among the last of its kind, is fighting to #stayathome while #socialdistancing is […]
The Green Robin Hood returns
Fresh out of quarantine, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district councillor Florian Schmidt is vowing that, Corona or not, he'll keep […]
How does the Mietendeckel affect you?
RENT FREEZE! Whether you're a tenant, subletting, a landlord, prospective landlord or thinking of buying a property […]
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Berlin's quirkiest sights: Futuro house, Nazi relics, the 'Stand By Me' Tree and more
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- The best cakes in Berlin: Tarts, cheesecakes, pastries and pies
- From Agni to Zora: Berlin's tastiest Indian restaurants