Our Courage – Jews in Europe 1945-48: Gateway to a new life
Between 1945-48, many Jewish survivors remained in Displaced Persons camps across Europe.
Frédéric Brenner on Zerheilt, good fortune and polyphonic Jewishness
For renowned photographer Frédéric Brenner, Berlin was meant to be just one stop on his journey
Berlin’s post-war Jewish camps
After being freed from concentration camps, holocaust survivors spent years in Displaced Persons camps, including several in […]
Books: Three great June reads for Berliners
Truth-twisting tales, short-fiction from last century and a fresh English translation of a communist-era classic – our books editor […]
DAY 4: Minyan: Pro and Con review
Will you be adding director Eric Steels's 'Minyan' to your Berlinale must-watch list?
Documenting Jerusalem: Jewish Museum’s This Place
REVIEW! On now through Jan 5, the Jewish Museum's "This Place" was initiated by French photographer Frederic […]
- Lisbon calling: Why are Berliners moving to Portugal?
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- 48 hours (of eating in) Neukölln: A local guide to NK's best food
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- Duc Ngo on food influencers, his favourite Berlin restaurants and getting bored of Mitte