Red Flag: Does your rent finance the AfD?
Henning Conle is a billionaire landlord who donates money to Germany’s largest far-right party. Nathaniel Flakin tells […]
Red Flag: The Mietendeckel is out, but the fight continues
The only way to stop exploding rents is to put housing under public control by nationalising Berlin’s […]
Red Flag: My landlord is suing me
Nathaniel Flakin has been taken to court. Here’s why you should want that, too.
One year on: Has Berlin’s rent cap actually worked?
It's been a year since Berlin’s Mietendeckel rent freeze came into effect. But has it actually helped […]
The Mietendeckel is here. What next?
On November 23, more than 340,000 Berlin apartments became eligible for a rent reduction. As we wait […]
The politics of the rent cap
Joel Dullroy tells the story of the Mietendeckel, a random proposal that stumbled to success – almost […]
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Berlin's quirkiest sights: Futuro house, Nazi relics, the 'Stand By Me' Tree and more
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- The best cakes in Berlin: Tarts, cheesecakes, pastries and pies
- From Agni to Zora: Berlin's tastiest Indian restaurants