The complacent centrism of Frank-Walter Steinmeier
President Frank-Walter Steinmeier's history of ugly compromise catches up with him.
Laura Poitras and the art of whistleblowing
The investigative filmmaker approached by Edward Snowden to leak the NSA files returns to Berlin with an […]
Who still cares about Snowden?
Online mag Berliner Gazette brings up the Snowden files, and what we really know of them, in […]
A suitcase full of secrets: Evan Light
An exhibition and a book are bringing the Snowden files back to Berlin. As part of the […]
Konrad Werner: Who’s really in charge?
We now know that the BND is just as uncontrolled and unaccountable as the NSA. And Angela […]
Konrad Werner: Either Merkel is lying or the BND is out of control
The BND story is really complicated, but there's only one thing you need to know.
- 150-metre-long queue forms to view three bedroom flat in Charlottenburg
- Warschauer Straße S-Bahn cleared as Amazon Tower scaffolding threatens to fall
- East Berlin photos 1971-1990: Explore the city beyond the wall
- Pergamon Museum to close for 14 year-long renovations
- What to do this weekend: Berlin's best events