When Berlin was a centre of worldwide anti-colonial struggles
With the 12th Berlin Biennale is focusing on decolonial engagement, we remember Berlin's history of anti-colonial struggle.
Berlin Biennale 2022: Exploring colonial trauma
The 12th Berlin Biennale examines the unhealed wounds left by Western colonialism.
Paul Gauguin: The savage at the Alte Nationalgalerie
Paul Gauguin’s actions in French Polynesia stain his legacy. Is it possible to separate the art from […]
Treptower Park’s human zoo
One hundred and twenty-five years ago, white Berliners spent a summer staring at Black people for entertainment. […]
Humboldt Forum: Symbol of oppression or progressive arts centre?
Our art editor charts the complicated history of this new museum complex, which digitally opens one section […]
Historian Jürgen Zimmerer on Germany’s other genocide
INTERVIEW! Is it time for Germany to take responsibility for its colonial crimes? Historian Jürgen Zimmerer on […]
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Berlin's quirkiest sights: Futuro house, Nazi relics, the 'Stand By Me' Tree and more
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- The best cakes in Berlin: Tarts, cheesecakes, pastries and pies
- From Agni to Zora: Berlin's tastiest Indian restaurants