Berlin’s failed rental revolution
How Berlin went from cheap rents to a housing crisis, saw its rent cap defeated and what […]
One year on: Has Berlin’s rent cap actually worked?
It's been a year since Berlin’s Mietendeckel rent freeze came into effect. But has it actually helped […]
The Mietendeckel is here. What next?
On November 23, more than 340,000 Berlin apartments became eligible for a rent reduction. As we wait […]
Red Flag: The people vs Deutsche Wohnen
After over a year of delays, a referendum on expropriating Berlin’s biggest landlord is set to go […]
The politics of the rent cap
Joel Dullroy tells the story of the Mietendeckel, a random proposal that stumbled to success – almost […]
How does the Mietendeckel affect you?
RENT FREEZE! Whether you're a tenant, subletting, a landlord, prospective landlord or thinking of buying a property […]
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Berlin's quirkiest sights: Futuro house, Nazi relics, the 'Stand By Me' Tree and more
- Berlin art: What exhibitions are on now?
- The best cakes in Berlin: Tarts, cheesecakes, pastries and pies
- From Agni to Zora: Berlin's tastiest Indian restaurants