Tess Lewis on Lutz Seiler — and why translators are destined to fail
In a rainy cafe in Prenzlauer Berg, we caught up with star American translator Tess Lewis.
Art to remember
As Berliners still await the great white “Unity Seesaw”, it’s time to rediscover public artworks that celebrate […]
Save Berlin: Mitte’s broken heart
Dan Borden on how the East and West destroyed a pair of Karl Friedrich Schinkel’s masterpieces.
Berlin is gay! Need proof? Look no further than the silver screen. With the 10th XPosed International […]
INTERVIEW. Adapting Clemens Meyer’s Leipzig-based novel for the screen, Andreas Dresen looks at the dreams of a […]
- 150-metre-long queue forms to view three bedroom flat in Charlottenburg
- Warschauer Straße S-Bahn cleared as Amazon Tower scaffolding threatens to fall
- East Berlin photos 1971-1990: Explore the city beyond the wall
- Pergamon Museum to close for 14 year-long renovations
- What to do this weekend: Berlin's best events