Nina Canell on crushing sea shells at Berlinische Galerie
The Swedish-born sculptor invites us to rethink our relationship with materials for her latest exhibition.
Sculpture under the sun: Berlin’s best art gardens
As the sun returns after a long winter, we guide you through four spots for viewing open-air art.
The surreal sculptures of Thomas Schütte
An exhibition at Georg Kolbe Museum celebrates the oeuvre of one of Germany's greatest living artists
Time for an art stroll? Visit Schlossgut Schwante Sculpture Park
One couple impulse-bought a dilapidated 18th-century castle in Brandenburg and converted it into an art paradise. We get a tour.
Otobong Nkanga: There’s No Such Thing as Solid Ground
A polyglot in artistic media, and former Gropius-Bau artist in-residence, masterfully delves into complex systems and histories […]
Bloodthirsty communist superhero
A WALK IN THE PARK Volkspark Friedrichshain's monument to German fighters in the Spanish civil war. Memorial […]
- Lisbon calling: Why are Berliners moving to Portugal?
- Berlin daily news blog: coronavirus, politics, culture, business and more
- Our music editor's guide to Fête de la Musique 2022
- Duc Ngo on food influencers, his favourite Berlin restaurants and getting bored of Mitte
- 48 hours (of eating in) Neukölln: A local guide to NK's best food